Detects if cancer relapses or determines whether it is progressing
Decode Lab is a new comprehensive patient monitoring solution that can help you reach the highest levels of clinical excellence. Simple, reliable, reproducible, it can specifically detect Progastrin in the blood of patient having a cancer.
Follow-up and Confirmatory diagnostic
DECODE Lab easy and efficient tool to follow up treatment:
- Check the efficiency of treatment after therapy
- Check relapses
DECODE Lab is also a confirmatory test for patient with potential cancer when other diagnostic tests have borderline results, It is an aid for clinical decision.
A specific biomarker of Cancer
Progastrin is a pro-hormone that is processed in gastrin, an hormone that is secreted during digestion by specific cells of the stomach, that stimulates the normal secretion of gastric acid. In these physiological conditions Progastrin is almost exclusively present inside these specific stomach cells.
However, in tumors, cancer cells lack the enzymes required to process Progastrin to gastrin, leading to the secretion by cancer cells.
ELISA sandwich test
Reliable, Simple, Robust
Use of common blood samples
DECODE LAB test is based on the ELISA technic that is the most reliable and the most routinely used assay to detect biomarker on the blood.
ELISA is a test that combines the specificity of antibodies with the sensitivity of simple enzyme assays, by using antibodies coupled to an easily-assayed enzyme. A color change shows the presence of the biomarker
References, scientific abstracts
The kit with all its components has to be stored at 4°C (+/-3°).
The foundation will be created by ECS-Screening for physicians and managed by the physicians themselves.
To be part of the DECODE Lab Foundation, you just have to agree to share DECODE Lab test data. No contribution is required.
1. When a physician use DECODE Lab to screen or to follow-up a patient by a hospital doctor, he records the patient's anonymised data in the Foundation's Data Base.
2. The data base is continuously implemented new cases of patients around the world and the data base will cluster the information from patients with the same profile.
3. The physician receives information on all cases with the same profile with an analysis of the type of therapeutic protocol used and the results obtained if available.
4. If requested, the data base will connect directly the physician with the physicians in charge of the similar cases all over the world to facilitate discussion.